Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

The rock stacker

The decisions to be made are pounding on the door, confusion reigns.  They are demanding an audience.  Possibilities are endless, true enough, but making a choice is such a heavy burden.  There is so very much riding on each choice. 

The level of concentration required of me has led me to chew the inside of my lower lip to shreds.  A nervous habit I can’t break.  securedownload

Some day, before too long, I will sleep through the night.  I will listen to classical music again.  I will eat a meal without indigestion.  I will not feel sick when the phone rings.

In the meantime, I will stack rocks, one on top of another.  I will focus on the balance, the beauty, the patience of the practice.  I will imagine the rocks breathing a yogic breath as they struggle to maintain their positions. 

And when they fall, I will stack them again.  And again.  And again, ad infinitum.  Until I am no longer needed as a rock stacker.  Until I am needed elsewhere.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment